Friday, November 29, 2013

Week 4: Using Blogs in the Classroom

http://www.mcssmi.org/resources-mainmenu-56/teacher-resources

For this week's assignment, the students have been placed in a group to post and answer questions that have been posted to a blog.  Since I have a difficult time in making decisions, I have posted 2 questions.  Please choose one to answer, then post your reply.  So here it goes:


  • What is your favorite time period in U.S. history?  Why?  
 
  • Do you think the importance of teaching social studies has declined in the last decade?  Why or why not?


Thanks for participating!

3 comments:

  1. I think that social studies has become more important than ever with recent developments. I know that at my school, it is now viewed as the cog that makes everything else go. We are currently developing new curriculum for next year that aligns with the Big History Project. As such, my history class will drive the Biology and English classes, as they tie in their work to what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 1940's, simple people did great things when called upon. In the last decade my school district has put s.s. On the back burner with money and time going into math and science. It has become a dumping ground along with P.E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 70's b/c thats when i was born.
    No-I think new curriculum is being built and they are letting the classes go in many directions.

    ReplyDelete